07 Jul Simplified eCommerce Tool for Custom Maps
NextByte Technologies, in collaboration with MapSherpa Inc, recently launched an improved and simplified custom map tool for print on demand maps. The tool offers the capability to buy customized area maps in Folded & Flat map formats. The users can now also add their own personalized cover images for the folded maps. The tool is multilingual and integrates with major eCommerce platforms like Magento, Shopify, Woocommerce, etc.
In June, the first integration went live for the Swiss Government’s mapping agency swisstopo’s recent website launch of mySwissMap. The website has been developed by NextByte within Magento Open Source integrating MapSherpa’s custom mapping API and swisstopo’s map data.
An Improved Experience for Users
This new custom mapping toolset makes ordering customized maps much simpler than previous solutions. Using this modernized custom tool, the users can easily select the map of their choice, center it on the location desired, add a cover image, choose from folded or flat options, add their title and order. The entire process is covered in a simple four steps wizard on the same page.
The four steps have some very powerful but easy to user interaction features for the user:
- Search – One can search by a point of interest, city, district, or postcode on the map or simply zoom and pan the map to the desired location.
- Personalized Cover Image: The user can upload their own image to be printed on the front cover of the map. If they do not add their own image, the map uses a default option.
- Personalized Title: The user can then add their own title and subtitle to the map that would get printed on the cover along with the image.
- Folding Options: All the maps can be ordered in folded and non folded flat format.
- Preview & Share – At any stage, the user can preview the map to see the final finish. They can also share a link to the customized map for recreating the same map with another user before ordering.
The tool is fully responsive and works well with desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
Ready for Future Deployment
NextByte in collaboration with MapSherpa have designed this improved custom mapping toolset to work with any of the custom mapping datasets currently available in the MapSherpa Marketplace, or new content provided by our partners.
Contact us if you wish to explore bringing this new custom mapping experience to your customers. You have the flexibility of integration into your existing store, or have us setup a dedicated store for this purpose.
For more information and specific solutions, pleaseGet in touch
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.